5 Facts to Help You Decide about Dental Implants
Are you troubled by missing teeth? Then dental implants may be right for you. Learn more about this popular dental solution.
What are Dental Implants?
Teeth implants are used to replace missing teeth, whether a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all of your teeth. They are little titanium screw-like pieces that are surgically embedded directly into the jawbone. Then, a special dental connector is attached to the implant to secure a crown, bridge, or dentures both securely and comfortably.
Are there Many Benefits to Getting Teeth Implants?
Yes, dental implants are a popular and preferred treatment because they offer so many benefits, such as:
- A better appearance
- More confidence
- Improved ability to eat, chew, talk, and enjoy an active lifestyle
- The most long-lasting treatment for missing teeth
- Almost everyone who has lost a tooth, several teeth, or all of their teeth is a candidate
- The fit, feel, and appearance of natural teeth because they are securely connected to the jawbone
- Replacement teeth won’t shift, slip, or move due to their permanent attachment
- No effect to the natural structure of surrounding healthy teeth
- Can last a lifetime with proper dental hygiene habits
What Else should be Factored into the Decision?
Now that you’re aware of the many comfort and cosmetic benefits, you should also consider these factors when deciding on dental implants:
- The anesthetic provided during implants dentistry makes the procedure painless, but there may be minor pain or swelling after the anesthesia has worn off. This can be eased with an over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Dental implants have a more than 97 percent success rate, making implants dentistry a wise investment in your dental health.
- The proven success of teeth implants can help justify their slightly higher cost compared to other restoration options.
- If cost is a concern, the treatment is sometimes covered by insurance. Also, many dentists offer financing options.
What is an All-on-4® Procedure?
This is a popular option in implants dentistry that replaces all of the upper or lower teeth with only four dental implants. It is typically recommended if the patient has experienced extensive bone loss in the back of the mouth.
Should you Choose to Use Dental Implants?
Since each person’s dental needs and personal preferences are different, it’s best to discuss all of your options with your dentist to find the treatment that’s right for you.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Goshen, call The Dental Center of Goshen today at (574) 538-2011 or make an appointment.
The Dental Center offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Goshen. With 4 affiliated practices throughout Indiana, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At The Dental Center of Goshen, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at The Dental Center of Goshen.